Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scary, Strange, Amusing Day

Last week I had a VERY strange day. I hope you don't mind my rambling. If you do...oh well. Just kidding :)

First, I ran into an old High School teacher at the Pasadena Courthouse. I was there for Jury Duty, not because I was being indicted lol. She didn't remember me. (Guess I really HAVE changed in my 5 years since H.S.). I told her my name and she said, "Oh yeah, Hi." ...then had to ride 5 floors down with her as it stopped on EVERY floor. Awkward Turtle...or rather, Awkward Turtle 15 minutes in an elevator you don't care for with your high school teacher you never cared for.

ANYWHO...

Then the WEIRDEST thing happened to me on the way home. I was driving along going 80...I mean 65...yeah, I ALWAYS go the speed limit....

A car pretty much exploded with long strips of film. (Only in L.A., huh?) I was amused and horrified so I changed lanes to get out from behind it.

I watched in slow motion as a very long strip of a film someone probably worked long and hard on (no pun intended, even though that quite possibly was what the film was about) floated over the length of my truck. I started laughing and kept driving along.

That's when I noticed my antenna was bending. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw that my truck had a 50 foot tail of FILM STRIP flying around all willy nilly behind me.

Still laughing my ass off, I noticed there was a huge gap of cars around me, as no one wanted to get tangled like THAT unfortunate truck.

That's when the 18 Wheeler got on...the laughing quickly came to a stop.

I desparately tried to exit the freeway before he got close enough to get tangled in it and rip off my antenna. ...mission impossible.

Bye Bye Goofy antenna ball! ...and while it went bouncing down the freeway in a big ball of green and black defeat, I couldn't stop thinking about Goofy's laugh *Hyuck Hyuck!*

...the film strip lived to ensnare another vehicle, and I giggled all the way home.

- Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment