Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Cold vs. Me

Head Cold – Day 1: Woke up with HALF a sore throat in the left side. WEIRD.

Head Cold – Day 2: Half of my nose is stuffed up, the other half is runny. This could be a rough night.

Head Cold – Day 3: Haven’t slept since before Day 1. Feeling like I’m high. Not that I’ve…ever…tried that… Hi mom!

Head Cold – Day 4: Sleep deprived. Starting to hallucinate. Have to go to a “Grape Festival” tonight. Could be fun…if the aforementioned grapes are in a very strong wine.

Head Cold – Day 5: Been through 3 giant boxes of tissues with the flurry of snotty rage leaving my nose. Visited my grandma. She didn’t have anything to help, as she doesn’t get sick very often. At this point, my 88 year old grandmother is much healthier than I.

…and I'm so upset that I had to be woken up from a sound sleep for NO REASON other than the fact that I'm driving...

Head Cold - Day 6: Been waking the whole neighborhood with my coughing. Experiment of not taking any medications is failing. Haven’t slept in 6 days…with the exception of the “driving incident.” Does anyone have NyQuil, Theraflu Cold…or a good, swift kick in the head to knock me out? …anyone???

Head Cold – Day 7: For the love of all that is holy, please don’t let there be a Day 7…

EDIT: Head Cold - Almost Day 7: I can no longer hear (very well) out of either ear. This just gets better and better...

Head Cold - Day 8: Ears are still plugged, nose is still a faucet of snot, throat is still itchy and cough-inducing. Oh, Happy Day!

Head Cold - Almost Day 9: I think I have Swine Flu.

Head Cold - Almost Day 10: As Day 10 approaches, I can't help wondering...Can you get an aneurysm from blowing your nose too much? Because at this point, I kind of hope so...

5 comments:

  1. You sound like you have an ear infection now. When the mucous starts backing up into your inner ear, you're supposed to get antibiotics, not post about it. :-P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stevie--

    Nice blog! You've got a nice touch...who knew such good things could come out of your butt?

    Leo, President, Stevie Buzbee's Butt Fan Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, if Leo's president, can I be secretary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading, guys :) I have a few other "accounts" on the blog here too teehee ;)

    ReplyDelete